As a consultant, Alex employs an asset-based approach through which he helps organizations to reconnect with their strengths and maximize their potential. He always approaches the challenges that organizations and institutions he works with are facing as opportunities for growth and asset development.
He believes that in order for organizational growth and improvements to be sustainable, it needs to be inspired by a deeper sense of purpose that is shared by the leadership, personnel and constituents. This approach empowers organizations to take positive and effective action toward achieving inspiring goals that are based on their values, mission, and vision. He also believes that involving all stakeholders, including leadership, employees, and constituents, in a process that is guided by shared values and a shared vision, everyone will be inspired to share responsibilities and ownership for carrying out any newly developed strategies and plans.
Alex’s expertise includes:
- 20+ years management experience / working as Executive Director
- Founded and co-founded multiple award-winning organizations
- Budget development, fundraising & fiscal management
- Program evaluation (development of evaluation tools and trainings)
- Public policy & organizing campaign development (locally, statewide & nationally)
- Staff training, development & supervision
- Training curriculum development & facilitation for groups across the U.S.
- Created national 4-day professional development trainining program
- Board development
- Organized many successful local, regional & national conferences
- Coalition building
- Education issues
- Gender issues
- Anti-oppression & anti-racism approaches
- Anti-violence approaches
- Leadership development for adults
- Youth organizing & development
- Youth leadership development
- Creating intergenerational governing structures, decision-making processes & campaigns